No Mercy Gamers Page 2
I founded No Mercy Gamers in 2007 when Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was released. At first we didn't have a website, or a Team Speak server. I rented (1) 10 slot CoD4 server from Game Server Dot Com and communications were done by just using in game chat. I would set in the server by myself for hours and to keep entertained I messed around with a couple of different webpage programs on my other PC teaching myself how to create a web page while keeping an eye on the server. As a gimmick I used the in game messages to broadcast 10 or 20 one liners like "I don't want to be part of a club that would have me as a member, credit Groucho Marx" and it worked. Players who dropped in started coming back just to read the one liners and play a map or two. After a while one player in particular became my friend, his name was "Persian", and he became my first member. Over the next few months the clan began to build 1 or 2 members a month until we had just over 50 members. Over the past 11 years we've had over 125 members come and go, and at one time we had 4 game server up and running. We had CoD4, CoD5, CoD BO servers and a couple of different Battlefield servers.
Sadly we're down to 4 or 5 members right now, and I really want to thank you guys who have stuck with me, but I think we can rebuild again. My goal is 10 to 12 members over the next 6 months, and I hope those of you who are still with the clan will help with that goal by doing these things........
· Don't discuss race, religion, or politics.
· Don't take the game too seriously. (This one's for me because I know I do). :)
· Don't accuse new players of being cheaters or hackers without proof.
· Don't be continually accusing them of spawn killing.
· Don't be cliquish and ignore new comers.
· Do invite players to join us on Team Speak and tell them "no password required".
· Do invite them to our website.
· Do invite them to join No Mercy Gamers.
· Do be friendly at welcoming to new comers.
· Do keep the cussing to a minimum, I don't mind, but some do.
· Do play in our server whenever you can because no one will come into an empty server.
· Do wear your -nMg- tags, even in other peoples servers.
Founder, Clan Leader
Return to www.nomercygamers.com